Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blog Week: Awesome Things


 **Again everyone! Sorry for the late post!! -Christina**

Awesome Things. Today let’s put a twist on that topic and focus on the good things diabetes has brought us.  What awesome thing have you (or your child) done BECAUSE of diabetes?  After all, like my blog header says, life with diabetes isn’t all bad!

Three years ago I traveled to Toronto Canada to attend the Diabetes Exercise Sports Association Conference.  This was one of the coolest things ever. This was awesome because it was the first time that I traveled out of the country alone and got to see a really cool city first hand.  It was also awesome because I met a ton of really cool diabetes people.  This was my first interaction with the diabetes community outside of a doctor’s office, and I really enjoyed seeing and hearing all that the conference had to offer. I was amazed and inspired by all of the cool things that the diabetes community does.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment