Monday, May 9, 2011

Blog Week: Admiring Our Differences


This week the CDN is participating in diabetes blog week.  This is a chance to join forces with the diabetes online community to talk about common themes and learn more about each other.  You can check out the list of participants and their thoughts at http://www.bittersweetdiabetes.com/p/blog-week-posts.html

Admiring Our Differences.
Today is a day of celebrating those who are different than us that we admire in our diabetes life.  I’d like to shout out to all of those who navigate the insurance world for a living.  Today, for example, I had to go meet with the insurance lady at student health.  During our 10 minute meeting she had 3 calls about other student’s health coverage, which she was able to answer easily.  She very patiently explained the billing issues I’m having (distributor company was not providing tax codes), and called the company while I was there to ensure the bill go paid.  I was impressed by her knowledge and patience.  I usually start sweating as soon as insurance comes up, and immediately want to just run away.  But this interaction today left me with some hope about our crazy confusing health care system, and also left me very thankful for those who are experienced at navigating its winding roads.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment